The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Champions League Semi Finalists
What a stunning competition the Champions League is. Every single one of the Quarter Finals were exciting and had a surprise in store for us.
Be it OL beating City with their devastating counters, Bayern battering Barca with a shocking scoreline, Leipzig reigning supreme against Atletico, or PSG staying in the run with an inspiring comeback against Atalanta, every single match was unique in its own way.
Now four teams remain, and every team has its strengths and weaknesses that we will go through today.
PSG has one of the most exciting duo of players in Neymar and Mbappe. But the game will be won and lost by how PSG defend against the free flowing football of RB Leipzig.
- The individual quality of Neymar and Mbappé
- Gueye at the base of the midfield is great at stopping attacks
- Thiago Silva is an experienced customer in defense
- Navas is injured, so Sergio Rico plays after several months on the bench
- Not great record in vital CL ties
Leipzig play a beautiful brand of football and have some players tailor-made for this style. And they aren't bad defensively either with Upamecano being one of the most sought after talents in Europe.
- Free-flowing football with exceptional passing
- The young Dayot Upamecano is one of fhs best young center-backs in Europe
- First Champions League semi final in their history
- Lost Timo Werner recently who they will miss
After their win vs Barca, Bayern is the undisputed favorite to win the Champions League. They have quick players with a lot of pace and have Lewandowski leading the line who is the best striker in Europe at the moment.
- Lewandowski is practically a cheat code
- Gnabry and Davies offer exhilarating pace
- Their pressing is top-notch and often catch defenders napping
- They play a high line which can be exposed with a ball up top
- The form of Neuer this season has been questionable
After beating Juve and City, Lyon can not be underestimated. They have one of the best young midfield talents in Aouar, and with Depay and Dembele upfront and the resolute Gomes in goal, they will be a good match for Bayern.
- Exceptional on the counter
- Aouar is a great ball player and finds space in midfield seamlessly
- The keeper Gomes has incredible shot stopping skills
- Find it tough to sustain possession and pressure
- Inexperienced at this stage of the Champions League
So as you can see, every team has its pros and cons in the Champions League, so predicting a winner can be tough. But it has to be Bayern’s to lose after destroying Barça.
To get into the spirit of the game, you should buy all the kits of the best players in Europe. It would be the best memorabilia of this season and would also keep you connected to the beautiful game.